Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, August 3, 2019

The stamped pieces

 The deep bowl with stamping just completed...

 All 4 pieces with waxed bottoms getting ready to glaze.  Sorry I missed photographing the step of putting a wash into the stamped portions, then wiping it so it was more distinct. Then I brushed one coat of Matt Clear glaze over them only. Then I brushed a coat of liquid wax over just the stamped edges.
 One shallow plate has some fun blue glazes added here and there.

 The deep bowl has been glazed completely in nutmeg.




And the other plate is also nutmeg.  This is because I expect the color of the stamped areas to be tones of sepia.  That's what I glazed the tree with (see yesterday's post).

2 comments:

  1. I like the way the stamping looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed it doesn't mess up in the final stage...firing!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...