Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

She turned into an angel

I started with a female form, holding her hands in prayerful position, also as in "Namaste" greeting from yoga class.  But then some wings just transpired.



So then the head was added, and some ho-hum hair.  Let's see, I thought, how about swirls of curls? Well, I didn't exactly do that. But there are some spirals, which reminded one person of roses.  OK, maybe her head is covered with them.

And when I took these photos, I thought the eyes didn't match. So I did a bit more work on them.  I'm afraid they still don't match, but I didn't want to start reworking her face at this stage, so she's been set in the kiln room to dry.





And on Monday I threw 4 sandwich size plates.  I'm going to try to decorate them to go with some mugs and bowls which I did about a year ago. I've told everyone that I can no longer paint the glazes in the poppy motif that I borrowed from O'Keefe.  So maybe just the same colors.  We shall see...

3 comments:

  1. I thought roses right away when I saw her hair. I don't think it's ho-hum at all!
    Are you not doing poppies because you thought they were too similar to O'Keefe's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My hands/fingers have been giving me issues with fine detail work, like holding tools, or being shakey. Getting a bit older I guess.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...