Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, August 26, 2019

No excuses!

We've been given the first taste of fall...so I dragged the bags of dirt out, and the spade, and the new pots, and the plants that wanted to be repotted.

Cool, not raining, but cloudy, great gardening weather!

 I carefully removed a complete stem growing off the taller of these 3 succulents, and planted it. I can't find a photo of it, but I remember putting it somewhere!

 The original jade plant is having lots of babies, so I left it in it's pot.

 Oh, here's the stem off the first one, planted with some jade leaves, some of whom have already begun to sprout.

 This tiny lady has lots of babies, but I only took 2 off, gently pulling a few roots along with them.  I'm leaving the rest there while she gets used to the new pot.

 I proved myself a messy gardener, but wanted to record the plants more than show off the pots. There are a couple of jade leaves also at one end in this planter.


 This may not be a planter, since it doesn't have any drainage...but it looked just right for the branches of jade that I removed from the parent. It will need moisture for a bit since the branches didn't have any roots yet. They are leaning against the other pot. But some other leaves had already started to sprout, so they're in there to encourage the big ones!

And here are the 2 babies as well that I took from the spikey mom, which fortunately aren't prickery spikes.

I also did some mint, as well as the orchid.  Don't know why I forgot to take their pictures.


3 comments:

  1. Hello, your new plants and vases are pretty. You did good! Enjoy your day, wishing you a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your succulents look great in their new homes. You reminded me that we have jade that needs re-potting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good day's work. I have terrible luck with succulents even though everyone tells me how easy they are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...