Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, May 17, 2019

When a vase has a face...

Once again I've made a face, or a vase. Or somehow a Victorian lady popped out of the vase I'd thrown.

I added torn pieces of slab to make the vase taller. Then I made a face, and gave her frills of more torn slab pieces.



You may note that she's not completely finished.  There's a touch of white to be added in the eyes...to give the sense of light being reflected, instead of the dead look they have now.

So as soon as I do that, I'll post the final photo...here.



Incidentally, I may try to show this in a juried show that is being held in July. I want to have something that is more than just a decorative piece of pottery. Leaning toward Fine Arts, don't you know?

And PS for the last 4 posts about the show at the Red House Gallery...there are many more pieces that I didn't photograph, so I encourage anyone in the area to drop in and look at them...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, I'm thinking this lady is haunting from the past...but in a benevolent way!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...