Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, November 4, 2018

Overwhelming pottery...in Shelby NC

 La Grange Center is a great venue, with halls, a big convention floor (carpeted) and good lighting.

Which is what makes for a good pottery show!







We were surprised to find so many low priced items...which isn't fair to a market level of prices which supports potters.  My thought was that ornaments must have become a home industry type of production where the $3-$5 items were being displayed almost everywhere, and I won't tell you how low some mugs were priced.



 There were many beautiful pots, and I did look at each and every booth, though not each and every pot of course. Sigh.





3 comments:

  1. It looks like there was a lot of really fine work there’
    It just kills me to see potters underpricing their work. I think a lot of them don’t even realize they are doing it.
    I have mixed feeling about ornaments. When they are unique I really enjoy them. But I really don’t need another cookie cutter christmas tree.
    P.S. Love your latest work, especially the lady in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to those pigs. Yep, the underpricing thing's a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, looks like a wonderful pottery show. I love the pigs with the fish, very cute. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Have a great new week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...