Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Giraffe on Thursday

How do you do spindly legs on a giraffe? Well, you put some kind of sculptural base there...and mine is ... "let's pretend it's just space." 





 I have watched some nature shows which impressed me how giraffes would walk with both legs from one side going forward at the same time...so I wanted to try to show that gait.




 I wanted to keep her kind of loose, showing the material of the clay as it was formed.












Checking to see if I've got the orientation right...I like the real markings so much better!

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I love your giraffe. Sweet photo of the real giraffes. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK I think this one is my favorite so far! Love the facial expression.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...