Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, August 19, 2018

On 8.18.18 (yesterday)

I stopped by the Tailgate Market in Black Mountain.  Ah, August is the best month, especially on a cloudy cool Saturday morning...though about the time they closed at 12 noon, there was rain starting to come down.

 Did I mention live entertainment?







 I had just been plied with a sample of crystalized honey with a bit of cinnamon in it, ready to spread on anything.  But the sample was enough for me!


Roger didn't need to convince me to bring home some fresh shrimp.  Straight from the Outer banks of NC, to the mountains.  Of course I'm taking it to visit a friend in the piedmont tomorrow.  This will be well traveled shrimp!

2 comments:

  1. What a nice market! I have only been to the nearby Asheboro market a couple of times during the week. I wasn't impressed. I recently heard that it is better on Saturday morning. I will have to make an effort to get there.
    Enjoy your fresh shrimp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just driven through Asheboro this afternoon on my way to Pittsboro where I'm visiting a dear oldest friend. The shrimp was delicious, how was the lobster?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...