Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, February 8, 2018

Is it ice or water?

Black Ice has been a topic of many conversations, and news stories, and probably insurance claims from accidents around here lately.

So several churches closed last Sunday.  The outside temperature at 8 am was 33 degrees.  It was steadily raining.  There was a pretty good chance that the steep hills either way from my parking lot would be iced.  So I canceled my plans, and worked at home.

Later the sun came out in the afternoon, and temperatures soared into the high 40s.


As I drove down one of the steep hills leaving my complex, I looked back at the wet hill.  When I'd approached it from above, I was confident that the warmer afternoon since the rain stopped around 1, would mean that that shiny black pavement wasn't ice.  I was glad to see my tire tracks to prove I was right.

Update on Miss Amaryllis...as we have been watching her Here.




WORD FOR THE DAY
Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in the quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow.
Mary Jean Irion


3 comments:

  1. Black ice is treacherous, glad you stayed away from it.
    Love the amaryllis photos. I have another pink one starting to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so easy to miss seeing it..and just a small patch can catch you.
    Fascinating watching flowers grow

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me snow anytime, not ice. Ice is yikes to me. guess you have to be patient to grow the amaryllis

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...