Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, February 4, 2018

Ice comes and goes

This is the first winter I've experienced so much ice, here one day, gone the next...or perhaps staying for several days and nights.  Snow has happened here and there, and seems to disappear faster than the ice has.  It's like the start of the year, when a fog turned roads into ice rinks on New Year's Eve..perhaps a forerunner of the rest of this winter. The nice thing about snow, at least when it's fresh, is that there's dryness to the atmosphere.

Ice on highest elevations as I look over Lake Tomahawk on a day that didn't get above freezing and was windy.  I didn't take a walk, just dashed out of my car to take a picture, then back into warmth.
Anyway, lots of fogs here in Swannanoa Valley, between mountains that are old, a valley that's given shelter to American Indians before the Spanish arrived, before the settlers came from across the Atlantic...so I am just the latest arrival.

Late afternoon sun shines into one of my favorite places to meet friends for coffee, The Dripolator
Last month I celebrated having joined a little congregation here in the valley 10 years ago.  I've never been more happy and felt more at home with these people.  There have been many who I see come and go as their lives change.  And here I am still.  At home.


 Today's quote:


Be the most ethical, the most responsible, the most authentic you can be with every breath you take, because you are cutting a path into tomorrow that others will follow.
Ken Wilber

3 comments:

  1. we had some cooler days - well considering it is summer here it got down to 19 Degrees Celsius or about 66 degrees Fahrenheit - I guess you are looking forward to Spring by now... stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be accepted into a community,in such a beautiful place too...can't fault it

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have had a colder than normal winter here in north Florida and even a couple of days with some snow flurries. I just love that beautiful scenery in your first shot! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...