Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, February 12, 2018

Celebrating life and alchemy

 Freezing wind, but warm sun, as I walked around Lake Tomahawk the other day (taken Feb 5, 2018).  I forgot my gloves, but that's ok, because I don't have a cut out finger to use the camera phone...and I'd have to have one glove off anyway.

 It's so pretty when there's snow up on the higher mountains.




Thank heavens there's a zoom feature, so you can see a bit more of the mountains. I was standing on the bridge where the overflow runs out of the lake...part of the dam.

At the other end of the dam, looking again past the fountain in the middle, I can see the green roofed Rec. Center.  There's actually a bit of snow on one of those mountains, known as the Seven Sisters.  Though one of them is named Greybeard, the early naming pioneers must have had a sister with a bit of whiskers, don't you think.

As an artist working in clay, I frequently am using chemistry in mixes of glaze colors...one of the closest functions to the word "alchemy." The firing to high temperatures is where the most alchemical processes occur.  Here's an interesting short video about the alchemy of color in pigments which have been used in painting for centuries...Alchemy of color


WORD FOR THE DAY
Being unappreciative might mean we are simply not paying attention.
David Whyte



2 comments:

  1. Ah finally some sunny and warmer weather; I am welcoming it too. What a lovely place for a walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day and those mountains are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...