Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, October 30, 2017

A little oops

I made a cute little butter dish, and made sure the dimensions were right.  Almost.



The joke's on me.  The height won't let a stick of butter sit inside the lid.

Back to the drawing board!  Well, just make the thrown lid higher before closing it down.  It's relatively easy to make...though a bit time consuming.  And having done it once, the next time will be a breeze.

When I don't have a show coming up next weekend, at least.

Go check out Linda Starr's efforts, HERE, who is doing this with a pattern, smart potter!


Today's quote:


Acknowledging the good that you already have in your life is the foundation for all abundance.
Eckhart Tolle

2 comments:

  1. sometimes clay can be so frustrating can't it, I like your rope handle, these butter dishes are harder to make than they look. I fired my lid and tray separately and they did ok. My warping was from me picking up the lid too soon when it was still wet. thanks for the link up, even with a pattern mine still aren't up to measure, but I will keep trying though. I was thinking I might put some little feet on my tray or I might glue some of those plastic feet on the tray and see who they work out; you know the ones to keep furniture from getting scratched. I think they'd go through the dishwasher and it's not like I am going to microwave a stick of butter in a butter dish so no worry there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...