Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

More of giant sunflower

Of course it didn't just sit there once open and attracting pollinators!

So here are some more photos of this great gorgeous plant which I had very little to do with how it happened...just watered it occasionally when no rain came for a few days.  Honestly, no fertilizer.


A bumblebee looks small on its face - Aug 1, 2015

From behind I can see how much weight is must have, as the petals get longer and longer, Aug 2

Aug 4 the middle just keeps expanding, and the head keeps drooping

Quote for today:


Although we have been made to believe that if we let go we will end up with nothing, life reveals just the opposite: that letting go is the real path to freedom.
Sogyal Rinpoche
Glimpse After Glimpse

11 comments:

  1. Wonderfull sunflowers, greeting from Mons city in Belgium
    Blog my city: http://louisette.eklablog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...I'll be looking at your blog in a minute.

      Delete
    2. What a great collection of photos, and yet your translator button didn't include English. No kidding! Sorry I can't read French.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful, I've got to remember to plant some for next year. At the farmer's market there is a variety that has multiple branches and smaller flowers, would be good for cut flowers I think. Curious to see when it goes to seed which birds are attracted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just hoping the head stays on the stalk long enough to go to seed, it's already got a crimp from the weight of it.

      Delete
  3. Barbara -- I think you have a Russian Mammoth sunflower on your hands. They are one of my favorite types of sunflowers. So cheerful. I see you have a new header -- beautiful. You were an airline stewardess? Also another great quote from your gallery of quotes. --- barbara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara, yes for a brief while I flew and served food and beverages like crazy...I am glad to know what variety this is, since it's the only one that came up from a packet of seeds.

      Delete
  4. Great sunflower! Looks tall too!
    I will definitely grow some next summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this variety is over 7 feet tall. I love it!

      Delete
  5. I love sunflowers like this. They grow with so little effort around here in our hot, dry climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go over to your blog to see where you lived...and yes, you sure are dealing with drought these days. I hope your granddaughter is doing well now.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...