Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Moon madness

Have you ever noticed how much the moon affects your life?
Well, if you lived by a large body of water (lake, ocean) you'd know by tides.

And if you're a woman who has a monthly "period" you know by your own inner clockwork that you flow at about the same time every month.  I'm past that phase of my life and into cronehood now, but oh my, I do remember those days!  And before the guys all turn away from this topic with which I guess they either cope or they don't...that's not what my post is about.


Madness, however might be.  There have been old-wives tales for as long as there has been history (and before) about how the full moon would cause more behaviors that were on the outer verge of sanity.  Last week a full moon rose and was called a blue moon, just because the calendar said there were 2 full moons in the same month.  It's more a function of having a month with 31 days than anything the moon did.

And last week a relative wrote me a sad email which bordered on insanity.  I wasn't able to answer it.  I was disturbed by it however.  I think how many people have creative urges that are considered crazy, they live life in ways not considered "normal"...and some of these people end up institutionalized.  These days an institution is really left as a last resort, only if someone is in danger to themselves or others, or just can't function in society in any way (eat, sleep, walk around).  We all read about the violence that exists in our world these days, much of which is blamed on mental illness.  Well, I don't watch news on TV, or even via my electronics most of the time, but my friends are making comments on Facebook, so the news trickles down to me eventually.


They.  The people who don't exist, and never have.  THEY can't do anything about it.  There are assumptions in my life (and yours) that something should be done about the people who are mentally imbalanced.  But THEY don't do a thing.  THEY can't.  And I don't believe at this point we can either.  It's all just unravelling...and the bellwethers of those with fragile ego existence, who hear things or see things, or imagine things that have never happened, these poor beings are just flying away.  Their tenuous hold on reality is let loose.

Moon madness is among us.  With or without a moon.



Quote for today:


Where there is great love there are always miracles.
Willa Cather



9 comments:

  1. Great photos, I can never get one of the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I've got something to brace my camera against, a tripod kind of. Then I still toss out half of the photos!

      Delete
  2. IT WAS a funky day a week or 2 ago when we had the blue moon....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And now we're almost at a new moon! Those 28 day cycles keep sneaking up on us.

      Delete
  3. Great post. And lovely moon pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great shots, but I have to say I like the photos of you throughout the years! A most wonderful life you've experienced, and your baby is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen...I'm pretty satisfied with how my life has flowed along...and all 3 of my sons were beautiful babies, I just found this one to publish here.

      Delete
  5. Good post, Barb! Yes, there's a lot of lunacy out there -- Facebook is full of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...