Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

A couple of little lidded pots

I just had a thought! What if there are only 20 bloggers left out there, just talking to each other and assuming there are hundreds more, but they've all gone off to twit each other, or pin, or just lurk on FB? Nah.

Matt bronze green exterior, eggshell interior


 Matt black exterior and satin white interior
These were made with recycled clay, mostly speckled brownstone, fired to cone 6 electric kiln.

I hope these will sell for $25-$28.  When making them I made the lids first, then found which pots would fit to them.  Kind of ask backwards, no?

Today's Quote:


If I had my life to live over again, I would ask that not a thing be changed, but that my eyes be opened wider.
Jules Renard

13 comments:

  1. how are you getting the undrside of the lid glazed too, I was just thinking of this as someone wants me to make them a lidded salt container?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wax the rim of both the lid and the pot, before dipping into the glaze bucket. A friend sometimes glazes the rim of the pot, and just waxes the rim of the lid, glazes inside the lid, and she fires the lid separate, sitting on it's unglazed rim. The design of the seat of the lid makes a difference where the wax has to be. I usually just put my lids on my pots cause any shrinkage will then be the same on both. Sometimes firing separately means a bit of warpage...but some designs work better than others.

      Delete
  2. Nice pots... I would normally make the pots first and then make the lids to fit... whatever works for you though :) I am still blogging and Facebooking but haven't succumbed to the other tweets and Instagram yet... still a few of us bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay to the holdouts! I've become so used to blogging I would hate for it to go away now. But anything's possible. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  3. cuties :) I wonder that about the pool of bloggers too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you led me over to FB, and yet I still prefer the blogging community. My friends on FB seldom comment...and seldom post like bloggers do, sharing both ways.

      Delete
  4. Nice pots!
    I was in workshop years ago where the instructor always made his lids first. He felt it was easier the adjust the lim of the pot and the diameter of the lid! Backwards works!
    $28.00 seems like a perfectly reasonable price to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Suzi, good to know what price is reasonable. I'll start high, after all I can always go down a bit if someone is considering a purchase. Glad to know that other potters also have done things that way too.

      Delete
  5. Love the pots. I'm a hold-out. No Facebook, no twitter, no Pinterest. I know lots of people who allow "friends" and then lament with every message they get. I don't need anything else to keep me attached to the computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very smart. Enjoy your time away from blogger too!

      Delete
  6. I love the little green one! Best of luck with sales.And I LOVE your header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki...I'll be commenting about it soon. (Header, not green pot)

      Delete
  7. So pretty! I'm sorry you aren't bringing them to Big Stone Celtic this year. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...