Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, June 21, 2019

What do you use now that will someday be in a museum?

 This treadle sewing machine was woman-powered.  It just sewed nice straight seams. ..no gimicks.

The pitcher and basin were usually made of ceramic.  An industry which provided bathing facilities for thousands of people before they got running water and a bathroom!

If I look around me to see what might be worthy of a museum in 100 or 200 years, I hope these fluorescent light bulbs will be there...and of course some laptop or iPad. An air conditioner/heater has made my life much better.  How about a microwave? I think a pop-up umbrella is pretty nifty too.


4 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I need my air conditioner and the microwave comes in handy too.
    The old sewing machine reminds me of my mom, she loved to sew.
    Wishing you a happy day and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kick wheel and treadle wheel. Oh wait! They are already there! 🤭
    Land line phones, dial and button models. My Featherweight Singer sewing machine with all the attachments.
    Happy Solstace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have my grandmother's old treadle machine -- I learned to sew on it. And an old flat iron serves as a doorstop in our bedroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...