Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, February 22, 2019

The wingless one

So I forgot to put wings on this dragon.
Let's reframe this...

My first dragon without wings.
And I've learned something.
I've learned Chinese dragons don't have wings.

So this is my first Chinese Dragon.  Number one (may it be a series? who knows?)


OK, it's just a lizard with a silly look on its face.  I like to always give a dragon a bit of a whimsical attitude.

Did you notice he's also a unicorn? That was on purpose, when I started making him.  But I'll have to work a bit harder to make a realistic (if there is such a thing) unicorn.


Sometime today I'll stop by the studio, to see if the ugly baby bird and Hecate are out of the kiln yet.  It (kiln) was too hot yesterday during my volunteer time at the Open Studio. Black Mountain Center for the Arts community Clay Studio...great place for working in clay!

5 comments:

  1. He is a mythical creature of your imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    It is a cute dragon. Enjoy your day, have a great weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the dragon, I just read that NC found a smaller t rex so dinosaurs and other mythical creatures are back in favor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh joy! Thanks Linda for telling me about small T-Rex...will have to learn about that one.
    Thanks Eileen, hope you have a good weekend too.
    Thanks, Vicki. Nowhere near as cute as a certain granddaughter!
    Yes, Michele, you do help put it in perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...