Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, February 16, 2019

In the open studio Thursday

Got to stain my sculptural pieces last Thursday.
Now will wait till another glaze kiln can be loaded to see what happens to them.

Hecate at the crossroads (before the stain). Yes she's a crone, which is a wise elder woman.  Crone has a historic use that's derogatory. We wise elder women are reclaiming the term and using it proudly.  Please teach everyone you know that this is what we prefer.  It may take several generations...sort of like other derogatory terms.

There's also a wingless dragon (guess that makes her a lizard). And a funny looking baby bird.

Wait and see!

9 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the finished Hecate. Good work!
    BTW Chinese Dragons do not have wings, so there you go! 🐉 🤭

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    Wonderful sculpture of Hecate. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is lovely. Can't wait to see her completed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thanks, Suzi, about the Chinese Dragon. That's a better thought than a lizard, somehow.
    Hi Eileen, good to hear from you, and I'm going to be looking at your critters as soon as I pour my coffee,
    Thanks Michele for your complement. Me too, can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    That is lovely work. My wife and I are big pottery fans. I cannot wait to see how it turns out.

    All the best
    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is lovely! What an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Guy, thanks for commenting. I imagine you and your wife have some lovely pottery in your home. Always nice to meet a collector!
    Vicki - thanks for your appreciation. I have my fingers crossed that she'll make it through next firing.
    Karen - so glad you think so. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...