Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, October 8, 2016

Utilizing resources in the neighborhood


This week I'll be walking the path around Lake Tomahawk every day.

For some reason I got out of the habit.  It was a bit further to drive there, and the parking lots always had cars for the pool.  Not to mention I never want to get up early in the summer to beat the heat for a walk.  OK, just excuses.  I could have done it.  I didn't.
So my major incentive is to improve my health.  I'm also signed up to join the Senior Lunch Program.  I cringe, because I think of myself as a junior-senior.  But I can use the income I'll save, not to mention get something nutritious, though I must discipline myself on some of the food that's not as good for me...lots of carbohydrates!


I ate my lunches there for a couple of years, until my Irritable Bowel Syndrome caused me problems.  Now I think I've got that mostly solved, by avoiding the foods that trigger problems.

And this will keep me from lining up for a quick lunch in the car at one of our local fast food places.
That's definitely a good thing...nutrition-wise, and pocketbook-wise!

Today's Quote:


To me every hour of the light and dark is a miracle,
Every cubic inch of space is a miracle.
Walt Whitman
 

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty place to walk. I too got out of the habit during the hot summer. When my car was in the garage this week, I walked to the post office and promised myself to get back to it... and now it's raining. Is that a good excuse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing the lake there on such a beautiful day. Perfect for a long walk!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...