Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

ALCHEMY OF CLAY: Art and life connect! Dragon number one has gone to it's forever home, as well as two and four!

My info

Sunday, June 30, 2024

Themis

  I mentioned I'd given a sculpture to my ex-daughter-in-law last week. So I did find a photo of the sculpture of Themis, the daughter of Gaia, who judges things against natural law.

It is such an important thing to think about...how our destructive culture has done so much that goes in the face of natural laws. Drilling for oil. Mining for minerals. Polluting rivers. Building without any ecological restraints. 



She's about 9 inches high.



Today's quote:

Enchantment…has nothing to do with fantasy, or escapism, or magical thinking: it is founded on a vivid sense of belongingness to a rich and many-layered world; a profound and whole-hearted participation in the adventure of life.

SHARON BLACKIE

4 comments:

  1. ...and the march toward extinction goes on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so aware this morning, that we have a limited supply of everything!

      Delete
  2. Thank you, I will explore Themis. She sounds interesting and current. suzi/smartcat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes wonder if I have the right "goddess" here...but the message that the laws of nature need to be upheld is still clear.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...