Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

ALCHEMY OF CLAY: Art and life connect! Dragons have been my interest lately, hope no real ones come along!

My info

Monday, June 24, 2024

The rest of Art in Bloom '24

 

The Plein Air paintings/drawings from the garden tour. Enlarge the photos to see the info on each work.




Margaret also had a sketch book in a binder to enjoy more of these fun captures of visitors to the garden.


Several paintings were not from the garden tour, which was surprising. But it was also interesting to note how small all these works were.


Helen Bell turned to see Lee Reading and Diane Hutchins kind of posing for me.  Sometimes you miss the moment their eyes are open and smiling! We all liked Diane's earings!




I admit I didn't take photos of all the works. Quite a few were Cynotypes, done by the same artist.


Here Jeff Hutchins on far right is considering what to photograph for a video he's making of all the Art in Bloom activities.

This was the major fund raiser for the Center for the Arts. I don't know if these paintings contributed the entire purchase price, or a percentage.


Today's quote:

What brings fulfillment is gratefulness, the simple response of our heart to this given life in all its fullness.

BR. DAVID STEINDL-RAST

4 comments:

  1. ...good things must come to an end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I am glad I participated as much as I did!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful art work, I love landscapes! Love the quote! Take care, have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...