Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

ALCHEMY OF CLAY: Art and life connect! Here local florists create floriculture as art to coordinate with a piece of art.

My info

Saturday, June 8, 2024

Clay animals who tell a story

 Some wonderful critters in clay. I wish I could have taken this workshop. I would have Loved It!

 Tina Curry Empowers Students to tell Stories in Clay 


Penland workshops are special just because of the campus, and the staff who support all the activities, and the students, many of whom are work-study students. There are dorms also, but I don't know much about them. It would be a long drive from my house to Penland, and I stopped considering it being possible for these old bones many years ago. That would be to enable me to be a day -student, coming each day and going home again. 

I prefer to drive up with friends and visit the gallery and the pottery studio (when a class isn't going on.) It's always inspiring!


Interestingly enough, I'd just been looking out my window and had a hare very similar to this one sitting on the grass, doing nothing but looking. Then he took off, and again stopped to check out the scene. I haven't seen one here in quite a while. Maybe I need to look out my windows more!




Somehow he seems a bit skinny to me. Hope he found some good grass to munch, since he didn't seem interested in ours.

Sharing with Eileen's Saturday Critters

 https://viewingnaturewitheileen.blogspot.com/2024/06/saturdays-critters-547.html

h


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful work..well observed...love the River Horse 😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the clay rabbit is beautiful. Well done! The real rabbit is a cutie too.
    Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a great weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many talented artists in that area! WOW! I love that big bunny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...