Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Yard sale - after (and garage gone too)

Muffin and I spent several hours in bed this afternoon.  It was great because the sunny morning was over and there was a  pouring thunderstorm.  All my remaining things had been inside by 2:30. (Rain started while I was asleep, probably around 4.)

For a sale that was supposed to start at 9 am, I had everything outside between 7 and 8, which is when my first and steady customers started arriving.  It was supposed to be over at 1, which is when I got a friend to help me carry back inside the heavy coffee table which another friend had helped carry out around 9.  So it's still in my home.


Having been more or less in charge of the church yard sale last year, with many hands to help, this felt like such a small endeavor.  However, I did all the toting of things outside.  I was so grateful to have help when it was over, because by then I was kind of bushed.

What a glorious day!  I think the next time might even be easier, if I have another person to help, and oh yes, another person's junk too.  I did have 2 other friends drop some things by to sell, and there were some nibbles, so it's worth having more than just one person's items out there.

I made some new friends.  And I got to sit in the shade most of the time!  I was so happy to have some things go to new homes where they will be enjoyed.

And I saw the place across the street where a very decrepit garage had been staring me in the face of my living room view for 5 years...and now it's gone!





8 comments:

  1. Oh man, my decrepit garage sure is full of crap....where does it all come from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When the construction is finished across the street (maybe a possibility this year) then I hope to see their dumpster (red) gone, and of course the little bucket/fork lifter will be gone soon...and wouldn't it be amazing after over two years to no longer have a green porta-potty too!

      Delete
  2. what a good sale you had too bad it all wasn't gone

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...hope you had good sales yesterday too!

      Delete
  3. Yard sales are a lot of work! Glad you got rid of some stuff. We really need to pair down, and moving is a good time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's definitely when you find things at the back of the closet and wonder what, how? Enjoy your new digs!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a good day! I need to have a yard sale -- except that I'm too far off the beaten path to attract any customers . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, that's why I've welcomed friends to join me...get a friend in town! Well, I'd ask you to come on over, but you are a few towns removed. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...