Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, January 13, 2017

What a creative slump needs...

Last year I took time off to get physically rehabilitated.

This year I made very little pottery during December, and didn't even send Christmas presents on time.  But I wasn't incredibly stressed out either.


I came out of the holiday season ready to really dig in and create.


Some forms for several people who want pottery I've made

But there are sure times when I have a creative slump. Don't you, in whichever creativity you do?

The extent of my holiday decorations, already taken down and stored away!
Creativity may depend upon a muse, an ethereal inspiration.  But it also depends upon some discipline.

Did you pick a word for the year?

Another blogger, Cristine Kane, (HERE) suggested this, and I've been doing it for several years...most productively! The product has been a life with some measure of centering on what exactly I needed during that year.


Lake Tomahawk at noon in January 2017. Is it freezing or warm? Can't tell!
 Quote for today:


Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you. — Thomas Jefferson




4 comments:

  1. When I have a little slump, I throw mugs. Eventually I get tired of mugs and start throwing more interesting stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do what you do, boring will eventually push you into inspiration. Is that it?

      Delete
  2. Really like the Thomas Jefferson quote. I am going to try to follow that advice in 2017.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...