Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

My display in Marion


I sold the two large dragon/dinosaur sculptures, and a few medium size things, and a few small things. Made my expenses! But it was not a good sales day for me.


My display before the customers arrived. The last of my poppy painted bowls and plates will probably go into my kitchen. I love to use bright things for eating. Since my finger muscles keep me from painting that glaze detail any more, I'll not be making any more.

There are only a few people who come to this market in the afternoon to shop...most of the real connoisseurs of pottery want to get there early and get the best deals.


8 comments:

  1. very nice display, there were a number of times I didn't sell anything, like last year's holiday sale, due to rain and cold, hope more than a few folks come in the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very grateful to make it through the day...coming down with something or another, which is rampant right now. Yes, outdoor sales have weather that they depend upon. We haven't had any difference in sales at this indoor market because of bad weather (yet.)

      Delete
  2. ...I'm sorry to hear that you had to pack up some of your items!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it was hard to be nice to them, since I'd already said goodbye. Well, not really. And they are snug enough not to break as I carry some to FL in 2 weeks to give to family.

      Delete
  3. I like the poppy painted bowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lois. Now if I can just put them in the cupboard and not think about selling them!

      Delete
  4. Hello,
    Your pieces are all beautiful. I think the poppies are my favorite. I am sorry you did not have a better sales day. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much Eileen. Happy weekend to you too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...