Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Carved leaves on the bowl edges

I shared the serving bowls before they were trimmed, and now they're carved and waiting to bisque fire.

 The unicorn dragon in the background is also mine...I've had some fun creating humorous creatures lately! But another potter made the brown clay tall piece and the floral piece.

I think I'll glaze them in nutmeg, which will give the carving just a little definition.

This show the trimmed bottom of the deepest one. Of course there will still be 15 % shrinkage in the 2 firings.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, the carved leaves are pretty. Well done! Enjoy your day, happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful. I love those carved leaves too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you all are so great as a team of pottery advisors. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a flared rim bowl! Those are going to look great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...