Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Watching out for...

 I'm actually surprised to see green mountains still...for here in town there are some fall leaves falling, these were on my path a week ago.

Then there's watching out for cobalt finger prints on bisque ware.

Yep another pot had some cobalt on it, a stain probably of pure cobalt powder mixed with some water, on greenware.  Yuk, it leaves that trace almost invisible until it's suddenly found on all kinds of my bisqued pottery when it comes out of the kiln.

I've stopped using cobalt stain, because of just this.  A few years ago I put a dress on a woman in cobalt, only to find her skin had also become blue.

These were sanded down and a glaze with various colors was used on them, hoping that the cobalt prints won't show as much and they might be salable.

I'll let ya know!

3 comments:

  1. That's a bummer. Hopefully you can hide it. We had a potter working in our studio a few years back, and he splashed blue slip everywhere. It showed up on a bunch of my pots after the bisque. I was able to sand most of it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes, tricky stuff, cobalt. Hope the sanding works for you. That is a lovely view you are using in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaves and fall: we too are having a super warm fall, some colors, but not many yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...