The Black Mountain Center for the Arts offers a gallery of monarchs, in different media, as well as a special talk about them. (see below for time for the opening reception and other community events).
One of my ceramic wall hangings. White stoneware with glazes.
Bring Back the Monarchs!
Community-wide Awareness Event (9/18-10/3)• Thursday, Sept. 18 at 6pm: Opening Reception for our Special Monarch Gallery Exhibit followed in the theatre by a multi-media program by guest Naturalist Ina Warren. Warren is a freelance naturalist, lecturer, educator and author of the Monarch and Milkweed Almanac. With Dr. Gary Paul Nabhan, she co-facilitates the monarch-milkweed recovery initiative called “Make Way for Monarchs.” The exhibit will be on display through Oct. 3.
• Tuesday, Sept. 23 at 10 am: Students from the Black Mountain Primary School will perform their Monarch Migration beginning at the Town Square.
• Wednesday, Sept. 24 at noon: Students from the The Learning Community will perform their Monarch Migration beginning at the Town Square.
• Thursday, Sept. 25 at noon: Students from the ArtSpace Charter School will perform their Monarch Migration beginning at the Town Square.
• Friday, Sept. 26 at noon: Brown Bag Series by Tina Barr - Monarch’s Reign & other Butterflies in Poetry. Free to the public.
• Friday, Sept. 26, 10 am – 4 pm: Painting the Monarch workshop by Lorelle Bacon. Call to register: $95 includes all supplies.