Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

More pottery, she said

I've slowly been making things in the studio.  And then painting various glaze designs on them at home.

A rough carved looking vase gets some red glaze, then paint a coat of wax on those hearts before being dipped into a vat of...I believe it was matte black glaze.


The shasta daisies have been waxed as well, including the leaves and stems.  They were then dipped into a pale turquoise that's a mason stain mixed into a small batch of our satin white.  The mason stain is called Bermuda Green.

And sometimes a small vase just wants a simple glaze.  Turquoise on the upper half, with a bit of celadon for the base.

1 comment:

  1. I like seeing the process -- look forward to seeing the product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...