Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Nouveau Two vase finished

Conversation opened. 1 read message.









The vase without its lid.


As you may remember when I showed the unfired piece HERE, there's clear Matte Glaze (by Mayco) over all the surfaces outside.  The inside and upper lip are glazed with satin white.  The colors of Mayco stroke and coat glazes keep their shine even under the Matte clear. (More about the Process Here.)

I love how many designs can be incorporated into one vase.  Do you think it's too much?







Blogger Note: I also just learned a sad thing about blogger.  If you use the same title twice, it can't handle it, even though the publishing date is different.  So my post "Nouveau Two" from several days ago confused blogger, and my attempted post "Nouveau Two for Wed. the 25th, got posted on the 18th, then the 19th, and then sent to my email address (all of which transpired in real time on Fri the 20th).  I tried to copy it into a new post, and it kept going to the past post, which is when I figured out to delete the never published one, and use the info that had been sent to my email to make this one, which has an extra few words in the title, to keep poor blogger happy.

12 comments:

  1. Indeed Blogger is easily confused. I think you have to experience the frustration to appreciate it! (Snark over!)
    Your vase is gorgeous. The design is delightful and offers neat little surprises with each angle. Color, form and design are a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzi...I am pleased also, with vase. Can throw blogger a few things though!

      Delete
  2. THIS is the most absolutely extraordinary piece, WOWIE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just wonderful especially the shading on the flower

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I know you understand how you never know exactly how the glaze is going to come out, and sometimes you're lucky!

      Delete
  4. No it's not too much. It flows easily as you turn the vase. I think you were wise to have the simple outline of the cat. Fits right in without making it over the top. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks neighbor (I don't know your real name, so I'll guess you're Carol, or Nancy, or ???) It's ok to be annony-mouse! I'm glad you read my blog and give your opinion.

      Delete
  5. Your work is so perfect. I really like all the colors and line work on them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just plain wow! This is beautiful! I love how you handled the cat in the design too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lid just brings it all together. Wonderful piece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...