Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Moose Cafe'

Near the Farmer's Market in West Asheville...and this is where wholesale farmers are selling goods, as well as some sheds (large buildings) have retail sales...is the Moose Cafe'.
It is known by all locals, I imagine.
But I played tourist, since it was my first visit.
Yes, that first picture of a mounted moose-head is from 1913 from Canada.  What a story...and it's only on loan from a historical society.  How many people would want to sit under it to eat anyway?

My friend's meatloaf (the big square behind the cornbread) included baked apples and a sweet potato mixed with coconut.
We all received a southern biscuit and applesauce (or applebutter) when we sat down.


A gift shop that had everything moose.



I sat under the head of a deer, and a huge iron gravy pan hanging on the wall.

 Needless to say, we took home boxes with leftovers.

1 comment:

  1. We had heard so many good things that we finally decided to eat there on one of our trips to the Farmer's Market. I must admit I was rather disappointed. The food was very plentiful but average. I was expecting it to be especially good. Perhaps we just chose the wrong items. And it didn't help that we had to wait. Or that the place was crowded and noisy. Perhaps we should try it again, but I suspect not.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...