Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Catawba Pottery Show

Last Saturday my friend and I visited this show in Hickory, NC for the first time.
And being the kind of potter that I am, I looked for inspiration, as well as learning the techniques of the pottery which I admired.  So my photos are as biased as I can get...just my favorites.

With the usual photographer's disclaimer, I'm leaving out the ones I liked but had fuzzy pictures.

I'll be posting more pottery show displays every week now, as I keep going to them.  They are FUN!

JCR Designs, Asheville, NC
JCR Designs, Asheville, NC
Banfield Pottery, Forest City, NC
Banfield Pottery, Forest City, NC
Nelda French Pottery, Seagrove, NC
Nelda French Pottery, Seagrove, NC
Yes, we asked how she glued the goblets to the bases...good old E-6000. She said she just broke off the stems of glass, and connected these goblets that way.  A potter we enjoyed talking with!

Secrets of the craft are often shared willingly with anyone!

Pottery by Eugene, Cowpens, SC (a husband/wife team in a double size booth)
We enjoyed seeing the diversity of decoration by Mr. & Mrs. Eugene.  I carefully found that everything had been hand done, including little logs and trees in some scenic paintings.
Pottery by Eugene, Cowpens, SC (a husband/wife team in a double size booth)
Pottery by Eugene, Cowpens, SC (a husband/wife team in a double size booth)
Pottery by Eugene, Cowpens, SC (a husband/wife team in a double size booth)

More to come!  Much much more!

2 comments:

  1. Nelda and I were in the Co-op of Seagrove Potters together. She is a such a wonderful and kind person. I believe the photo above her goblets are also her pots, not Banfield.
    A lot of Seagrove potters go to Hickory and advertise as such, which means we have a dead weekend here in town. :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele...so glad to have correction so right potter gets attributes. YES, we saw lots of Seagrove potters...and I'll have some more pics in a few days. I enjoyed meeting Nelda, though I'm sure the day was a blur for her and she won't remember me. No problem, I'll keep track of her work! It's beautiful.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...