Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Sunday, March 27, 2016

1833 birthday of Elizabeth Pulsifer Granger Sweet

 
Oh I'm kicking myself.
I haven't tried to enter information about my genealogy for months, maybe years.
So I had 6-7 paragraphs all nicely delineating my Great great aunt Lizzy Sweet (perhaps another great).

And wanted to try to pull up something I'd just deleted.  Ctl-z is the command.  But oops.  It erased the whole posting.  I tried immediately to close it, hoping it hadn't saved the blank screen yet.  Nope.

So I'm not going to do all the work I did before.  There was a great woman who mothered not only her own children, mainly in Galveston TX, as well as her great niece, my grandmother, and during the 1900 storm of the century.

Red and white striped awning at 1709 Winnie St, photo from Google Earth 2013

Elizabeth Sweet (age 69) was living at 1709 Winnie St. as of June 7, 1900 census, with her son Chauncey Sweet, (age 37) his wife Ada Phillips Sweet, (age 34) nephew, Lucian Chamberlain, (3) nieces Ada Swasey (14) and Stella Swasey (12).

Sept. 8-9, 1900 was the worst storm to hit that island to date.  This was before storms were given names, but it was known by my grandmother Ada Phillips Swasey Rogers and her family as the Storm of 1900.  I've posted about it before (HERE). And a lot of Galveston's history is on this blog HERE and Here.

Then I looked over at Ancestry, and got involved in finding out Elizabeth Sweet's husband's parents had recently been entered, including his birth place in Massachusetts.  Lizzy herself was from Newburyport, MA.

And I also got into trying to chase the roots of his uncle, who lived and was one of the main founders of Sabine Pass, TX...and is buried there.

So that's what I spent several hours doing, instead of playing with clay, or cleaning my apartment, or other blog posts.  I did take a break and went to a potluck dinner at the church...and got to talk with some lovely people.

Now I'm going to go unwind some of those Sweets ancestry lines, which believe you me, are a tangled web at this point!  The ones in Connecticut and Massachusetts are my ancestors...it's the ones who went to Texas and fought in the revolution of Texas Independence that I want to get straight, even though they are just uncles and aunts.

Great Aunt Lizzie, aka Grand Aunt, died in Galveston, at the age of 77.   She was survived by her son Chauncey Sweet.
Uncle Chauncy July 1936
notes are by my grandmother, Ada Swasey Rogers

Of course I could also spend a few hours looking at the Granger family tree from Newburyport, MA.  This is such a fun and enveloping endeavor.  If you don't hear from me for a while, just send some food and water...I'm back in the 18th century with ancestors!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...