Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, February 15, 2016

Burls on tree trunks





I think these are several different trees.  But I was drawn to taking a few close ups of how these trees created these growths, then went on to continue growing to full size.  Amazing.

A burl is defined as...
a tree growth in which the grain has grown in a deformed manner. It is commonly found in the form of a rounded outgrowth on a tree trunk or branch that is filled with small knots from dormant buds. Source: Wikipedia

Burs on a tree trunk in Norfolk County, England (Wikipedia)
Today's Quote:


One way to open your eyes is to ask yourself, "What if I had never seen this before? What if I knew i would never see it again?"
Rachel Carson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments...