Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spring blooms for Rosie

My neighborhood gives me a good sense of privacy.  There is landscaping which offers some beautiful blossoms this time of year.  And some of my neighbors also have some plants on their balcony railings or porches.

 Today I was introduced to the patch of Lilly of the Valley plants.


I'm sure they smell terrific, but my sinus condition makes me immune to their heady scent completely. 

These are for you, Rosemary Beddingfield!

6 comments:

  1. Mine are just coming up, but spring is definitely coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lily of the valley blooms are at about the same stage. I need to photograph them when it isn't dull and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really wish the pollen hasn't done such a disaster on my sinuses that I can't smell these. I can remember the sweetness of them. My favorite lily. As my cousin reminded me, there's even a song about them, "on a garden wall."

    ReplyDelete
  4. "White coral bells/Upon a slender stalk/Lilies of the valley deck my garden walk. Oh, don't you wish/That you could hear them ring?/ That will happen only when the fairies sing."

    We used to sing that as a round in Girl Scouts sixty some years ago.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...