Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Geraniums

All winter long, my potted geraniums have sat in a south facing window, and blessed the grey view of mountains with their bright blossoms.  The petals have fallen on the sill and the floor, but I lovingly picked them up in gratitude for their cheerfulness in my life.  Yesterday I finally placed them on balcony railing for the gentle rain last night.

So I decided (don't know the day, but it was a definite decision) to try to put them on my pottery.  It's an ongoing process to see which techniques I like best.  Should I try to capture each little petal in the cluster?  I think not.  The pow of the color says what I want.  Details might just be the thing for another person, but not me.

Linear work done with Mayco's Designer Liners, colors with Mayco's Stroke & Coat.  A thin layer of Matt Clear over all the colored parts, then waxed, then dipped into Satin White.

3 comments:

  1. Wow...I love it. Very creative :) Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bowls. And you are perfectly right. Pottery should suggest something, not shout it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...