Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Friday, April 24, 2015

Tai Rogers, Ceramic Artist

 Last week at the Grunwald Gallery at Indiana University...running till May 2.


My youngest son, Tai Rogers, has installed his MFA exhibit after 3 years work.

I'm so proud of him!

Here's his web site where he writes the following:


Artist Statement


I am drawn to working with maps because of their innate functions as tools for navigation and orientation; tools that are necessary for physical location as well as personal bearings in life.  I work from a process of selection, taking maps that hold significance to broader ideas or personal inquiry and abstracting what appeals to my aesthetic curiosity.  I act as a lamppost in my own universe of maps, revealing what I wish to highlight about a place.  My work acts as a landmark itself, in guiding a discussion that is the journey of the viewer.  Information is lost in translation as I make choices in presenting an object stripped of, or imbued with particular details depending on my intent, but communication remains of paramount importance to me.  I enjoy the manipulation of the map’s ability to outline information through its universal lexicon or recognized features.

3 comments:

  1. that is SO awesome, congrats to the artist and his mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost missed all of this. It is such a great thing for your young man to have this show. I have a former student who is in college in Canada who has spent a lot of time getting ready for his show this spring. I really like how Tai is a visual 3d artist and also incorporates 2d design and or color to make his work so interesting to see.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...