Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, April 12, 2024

Dancing

 

You may have noticed a gap in my posting here anything having to do with art...which is the purpose of Alchemy of Clay, aka this unique blog. I've not been feeling like producing/creating. Indeed I've focused on getting this old body to keep on keeping on.

So for Sepia Saturday this week, I went through some old photos of dancing!

****************************
Yes, I missed my chance for brides and grooms. So here's my favorite if I'd published one. My son, Marty and his new bride, Barbara (several years ago)


*************************

Then I turned to art (because my photograph folders had no dancers)

How about a Klimp kiss?


Painting by Cheryl Braganza




Painting by Aleah Chapin



Degas loved ballet dancers




"She moves the stars." Angela mia Delavega


Today's second quote:


**********************

Sharing with Sepia Saturday this week.



14 comments:

  1. ...Degas' ballet dancer is recognizable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed she is. I liked the little sculpted girl best I think!

      Delete
  2. Interesting & fun choices for art to represent dancing in place of photographs. Why not! I enjoyed all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I notice that on the wall behind your son and his bride, there is a boxing match going on. I trust that this has proven to be entirely meaningless ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wedding was held in an old bar in St. Petersburg, owned by a famous boxer...and on the stage was a huge picture of him in the ring. They covered it with a sheet for the wedding. He came to the wedding late just to make an appearance.

      Delete
  4. A lovely photo of your son and his wife! The art work is beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it...a combination of various art that I've collected in my laptop!

      Delete
  5. From Scotsue - I liked the idea of using art to reflect your theme - as a lover of ballet, Degas has always been one of my Favourites but the little girl sculpture made me smile along with her. Keep smiling, too, Barbara - I hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your good wishes. Me too, love ballet, but seldom have seen live performances. Yes, I'm feeling much better!

      Delete
  6. All very fine images. Any art that brings joy is beyond priceless. Thank you for introducing us to the artist Angela mia Delavega. I looked up her work and discovered this piece is just one of several similar sculptures she has made that are reproduced in bronze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have joy from art quite often. Yes, just enjoying it, not owning it! Though I'm glad there are patrons of the arts, who keep these talented people fed. Good to know about Angela mia Delavega's work!

      Delete
  7. An uplifting selection of dance art. My favorite is the poem about living and loving today. Such a joyous dance image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, all the chances we get to share our lives in positive ways, whether dancing or just wearing a tie-dyed shirt, like I did today. One man even spoke as I passed him, "Nice shirt." I said, "yes it is."

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...