Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Saturday, April 27, 2024

Animals in art (and not art)

Saturday Critters usually has photos of animals and beautiful birds. I sometimes see little dogs walking along paths that I frequent, or ducks or geese on the lake. But this week I haven't been out and about as much. So I hope you'll forgive me for sharing some other kinds of animals.

National Geographic photo of a near escape.


Photo: Nermesh Thind 'Thirst'



Olga Esther (Spanish, born 1975) "Once upon a time there was a rabbit who was not a rabbit"


"Just bug me"...exhibition at Black Mountain Center for the Arts...featuring bugs and moths! 
Big Fiber Moth by Teresa Cote'



One of the bugs on display.



Cats in clown car.


A wall pillow with Monarch and milkweed, by myself.

You know I've been making dragons lately, and collecting a few that boggle my imagination!



Susan Seddon Boulet


Annie Montgomerie, British doll artist

Michael Grafton

Sharing with Saturday Critters

Thanks, Eileen, for hosting this great meme each week.

Today's quote:

There is a beauty in discovery. There is mathematics in music, a kinship of science and poetry in the description of nature, and exquisite form in a molecule. Attempts to place different disciplines in different camps are revealed as artificial in the face of the unity of knowledge. All literate men are sustained by the philosopher, the historian, the political analyst, the economist, the scientist, the poet, the artisan, and the musician. 

-Glenn T. Seaborg, scientist, Nobel laureate (1912-1999)

6 comments:

  1. some really great selections!! my favorites, the second and the last...moments i would love to see and photograph myself!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I would certainly agree with you on your choices to photograph those beautiful critters.

      Delete
  2. Lovely mix of creatures this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Barb
    Sorry I am late visiting and commenting. Hubby and I were away in Arizona for 10days.
    What a great critter post, I enjoyed all the photos. A wonderful variety of critters.
    Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your post.
    Take care, enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.
    PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...