Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Monday, April 15, 2019

Potters of Madison County, part 1 of 2

 Thanks Nick, for posing with your work!



 Becky Lloyd's wonderful sgraffito work is well known.







 Though I thought these patterns were decal work (and I probably still do) the potter assured me that he used tape and hand painted these glazes.  I didn't want to argue.  Some of it might be tape resist, but I've seen that honeycomb pattern before!

 And it was great to run into Amelia, another potter from our studio.

 The Permetiers are well known for their lamps and designs on their work.




 I really enjoyed these large sculptures...and didn't find out how they were done (or what kind of clay it was!)


 Joey Sheehan was busy talking with someone, so I didn't get to ask.

 Helen was delighted to see these flowers in tiny bowls. Anemones are all over the displays today.



 Yes, these are real flowers!
 But wait, wasn't I supposed to be looking at the pots!






This display was in a studio, where various wonderful dishes to eat for lunch were available to purchase. (I've covered them in another post.)

But wait, there are more potters (just one more blog.)

2 comments:

  1. I've made a hpneycomb pattern with bubble wrap before, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, looks like a wonderful pottery show. I see many pieces I would love to have, beautiful works of art. Enjoy your day! Have a great new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...