Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Saturday, December 12, 2015

In the hood again

 We've had such warm weather the heat hasn't had much work to do...and of course it's almost solstice, so lots of sun is coming in the southern windows. The geraniums think it's spring, but are still a bit gangly.

For about 3 minutes today the sun hit the fish tank...which it will do for the next 2 weeks probably.


The landscaping consists of areas of straw (maybe to be grass come spring) and mulch. 
 Some bushes have been left, as well as one little dogwood on the north side of the house, where there isn't as much space.  The mulch has a pungent odor like creosote.  I've had to avoid being around it much because it irritates my throat.
A new step has been added to my entrance

And every other board of the porch was replaced.  There were some rotten ones, so this is nice.
The work is almost over.  The huge storage containers that the contractor used have been hauled away, and I am pretty sure the big green monster tractor is also gone...which was used to move things from one area to another, as well as lift them and place them where needed.

Yesterday there was a man standing in the driveway or outside the office holding a clip board, watching the workers pressure wash the parking lot.  I got my car out of there before they replaced the dirt which I'd just gotten washed off...at a car wash.  The watcher was probably one of the inspectors we've been expecting.  I hope if he came in my house he didn't mind pottery scattered everywhere!

Yes it has been in the 60's all week, and is due to be so again today.  Very strange December weather.  But due to be cold again by Christmas.

Today's Quote:


Today, more than ever before, life must be characterized by a sense of Universal responsibility, not only nation to nation and human to human, but also human to other forms of life.
His Holiness the Dalai Lama

2 comments:

  1. Perfect quote. Yes, it's far too warm here in the mountains for mid-December.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have geraniums blooming as well.
    as for the mulch... they use that here along the side of the road when the state has to dig up the edges. I had never seen or smelled that before. Jeff assured me that the grass would grow in it. Sure enough, the grass at the edge of the road was thicker than any on our lawn at the log cabin!
    We are enjoying the warm weather, so nice not to use the heat hardly at all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...