Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Summer Solstice 2017

There's all kinds of talk about the August eclipse...plans are being made.
I don't do that.
I figure it will be raining or cloudy and we'll just notice a dimming of the light.

I used to figure out where would be a good place to see celestial events.  A week ago I even walked into the parking lot and found a place between street lights to look for the International Space Station as it flew overhead.  I saw only scattered clouds, and not a single star, either stationary or zooming along with people inside it.


But the sun will come up on June 21, somewhere.  So I can honor the longest day of the year, which is considered the official beginning of summer these days.

I have a new ritual.  I take the cat in my arms, which she only allows me to do when she is hungry when I first wake in the morning.  We then talk and walk to kitchen and open the door which faces east, and will share a view of the earliest peek at sunshine.  Of course it's coming through tree branches, but it's still bright enough to blind my poor sensitive eyes.


The purr from my friend makes up for the lack of chants by a choir of pagans or others.  Birds may chirp, but seldom will fly by to entice the interest of my friend.  She's found they do live outside our windows in the bushes, and may sit for hours watching their lives. At times a feral cat may wander along, and she may rush from one window to another to get a better view, but doesn't ever call out to the other.  We have our fish tank still, and she may watch the Nature Shows on PBS with me, especially when a small cat or fox is hunting. Such is nature in my neighborhood.


I love driving out into the lanes and parkways nearby, and often sit in woodsy areas to absorb the setting, the air, the breeze, the sounds.

So no matter what the weather may bring, I celebrate my connection to all life, to the Source of all, the sun without which we'd never have come into being.  Pretty awesome.



Quote for today:


"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"  - L.M. Montgomery (author of Anne of Green Gables)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful commentary. Happy Summer Solstice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...