Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Thursday, April 27, 2017

A day in Brevard NC

Yesterday a friend and I went to a nearby town and enjoyed being tourists. It was such fun!
We both love art and fun sayings, nostalgic and well designed things, and nature...so we were in seventh heaven.  From where we parked free on the street, we saw a lovely raven sculpture...

and lovely household furnishings in "Roost."

A nice downtown directory was there on the wall of a street where shade was provided by ancient cherry trees.
We browsed in the 1941 Walgreens, where music was  piped onto the street from drive-in movie speakers!
The elk statue greeted members of his lodge.

My vegetarian friend had a good black bean burger, while I enjoyed a chicken salad wrap at a nice restaurant, known for seafood...I'll have to go back and have some!


The White Squirrel Shoppe is much smaller since the owner sold it and retired. In the corner space is now a nice gallery with really good art, Number Seven.  I didn't take pictures of much of the art, but it was really a great inspiring day.

And we didn't go home after all this, but went off to Du Pont Forest to see waterfalls...more pics to come tomorrow!  I was happy that I only drove about 95 miles in all our wanderings from Black Mountain NC.

Today's Quote:


There is freedom that comes with awareness, because with it comes the opportunity to make a choice.Madisyn Taylor



1 comment:

  1. Such a nice little town -- I love the raven sculpture! And DuPont Forest is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...