Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Old Depot

The Old Depot in Black Mountain, which functions as an arts and crafts venue these days.  Since all our train traffic is freight, and none stop in Black Mountain, there wasn't much call for a depot.  Some of these old buildings are saved in other guises.


And I just became a member of the association and have some of my pottery for sale on consignment there.



It's a nice little shop, full to the rafters.


And of course I'm not the only potter there! I see some of my friends' works as well!

6 comments:

  1. Your stuff looks great but WHAT a sweet building!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The building is certainly historic! I am glad to see the level of the arts and crafts has really improved since I first moved here 9 years ago. There are about 100 members of the association.

      Delete
  2. It's great to see these old depots put to new uses. They are a part of our architectural history and the era of train transportation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a post card (somewhere) in my digital collection, of this building being used as intended, when many trains came through Black Mountain bringing tourists. And don't tell anyone, but I love hearing the train whistle when it comes through town.

      Delete
  3. I've past by the depot lots of times. Now I think I'll stop next time I'm in town.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea! And give me a holler and we might have a coffee at the Dripolator too!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...