Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Happy Year of the Dragon. Here is my Dragon Girl Bird sculpture from 2018.

My info

Monday, January 19, 2015

Narrowing or widening my horizons

Well, starting within, not the great blue horizon, but my own lifestyle.
I've realized I've been narrowing down and narrowing down, till there's very little room for DOING anything.

It has been a good thing to do at this time of year.
But solstice is behind us and now I'm widening things again.

First I reconnected some video equipment.  Over a year and half ago I stopped cable TV, and kept just the internet service.  But the TV and VCR and DVD player are still machines that can play tapes and DVD's.

I had thought I'd miss TV so much I would be playing them a lot after turning off live TV.  Nope.  I watched videos in bed for a while, on a tiny screen. And for the time since then I've happily watched my favorite shows (maybe a day or a week later) on my computer.  Now I've turned on the bigger screen in the living room.

I also have Netflix which can stream things onto the computer.  I haven't got it connected into the old TV, since it probably doesn't have any USB ports...I'll check when my favorite old movie is finished.

What is it you might ask?




May-widge...
If you haven't guessed it yet...


4 comments:

  1. So many people like that movie but I have never seen it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gary, it wasn't a hit when it came out, but with the urgings of friends, many folks have enjoyed it. I admit it took me a half hour or so to decide to even watch it till the end. Then I was hooked. Highly recommend for those who have a whimsical sense of humor.

      Delete
  2. we used a roku player, on our old tv, to stream netflix and hulu plus. the players are relatively inexpensive. we haven't had cable for 5 years, don't miss it a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...