Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

ALCHEMY OF CLAY: Art and life connect! Dragon number one has gone to it's forever home, as well as two and four!

My info

Friday, May 17, 2024

The colors of Giverny, France

 

DINING ROOM at Claude Monet’s House, 1883, Giverny, France; above from today, lower photo with him standing there. The pictures on the walls are Japanese wood cuts.

I remember selling some pottery with similar colors, and the customer had been to Giverny and liked to have a teapot, I think, to remember her visit by.

Monet's kitchen


Today's quote:

 Giving and receiving are companion energies that take turns throughout our lives, and we all get a chance to be on both sides of the exchange from time to time. Daily Om

6 comments:

  1. ...I eyes would get tired looking at the tiles in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I just skim over them as a busy background. Your eyes see the details! As your photos show.

      Delete
  2. Man, I don't know if I could live in a house like that. I agree, my eyes get tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But remember he was going blind when painting some of his later beautiful gardens. I think I've got the right man. And he did do his paintings outdoors! Well, the subjects were outside, though he may have had a studio when he could work if it rained! Anyway, I would imagine Monet didn't do the cooking!

      Delete
  3. Oh I just think impressionists saw bits of color in everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a lot of color going on there, the first one is my favorite. Have a great day and a happy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...