Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

ALCHEMY OF CLAY: Art and life connect! Dragon number one has gone to it's forever home, as well as two and four!

My info

Thursday, May 16, 2024

A king's portrait

 

I hadn't seen the whole thing the first time it came across my internet apps. But when dear nonagenarian blogger, The Grass Weaver, posted her opinion about it, I went to find more complete photos. Of course many are available.

She lives in Great Britain, and has had a royal family her entire life.

I have recently been reading and watching TV series about the American Revolution, so my sense of kings is somewhat different.

It comes down to, do I like the portrait? 

No. Why? The fuchsia color that is dominant reminds me of two things, femininity especially in the Barbie movie, and blood....which again relates to women's menarche and monthly bleeding. Menarche to monarch? I think not. But he has lived most of his life in the shadow of his mother, who also was a nonagenarian.

Anyway, as art, it's ok. His face is well depicted with a sad emotion coming across from his eyes, though his mouth smiles slightly as though to apologize.

The butterfly wins the day. It could be trivial, but it became the most important feature of the painting, to me.

Just my opinion, and it may change!


Today's quote:

Diversity is being invited to the party; inclusion is being asked to dance. -Verna Myers, author and speaker (b. 5 Apr 1960)


2 comments:

  1. ...I will never understand royalty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither. It's like all I had to learn as a young woman about our society about quadrupled.

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...