Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, February 16, 2024

Playing with dragons again

 There are many potters working in the studio to hone their talents in order to make a special something.

I'm just there for the pleasure of exploring what I can do. It's the process not the product that I'm interested in.

Here's my first try at dragon making. Many many problems with it, so it shall be tossed soon. I am curious if it will even stay together during a bisque firing.



As always I get carried away with the heads.

Number two is in process now.



And while I was at it I made a little ruin of a castle tower. No dragon. Just playing around.

We learned in  counseling that the "process" was the important part of talking with clients...not a goal. Unfortunately all insurance and medical files insist on setting goals and measuring progress toward them. That's why I gladly went over to being an Activity Director. Many happy times shared with many people. But do you know what I remember most? The bad things that happened.

With clay I don't. I just toss things away when they fail. The "thing" isn't as important as what I've learned from it.

I always used to say with pottery "everything is sacred (thus the act of creation flowing through a potter's hands) but nothing is sacred (thus it is not to be cherished as an item of worship!)


Today's quote:

It is easy to laugh when we feel good, but it is when the world appears dim that we most need laughter in our lives

2 comments:

  1. ...I've never been into dragons, but I enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Dragon Girl Bird Sculpture...
    and although I haven't done much pottery since the pandemic, I do also like whimsical... my Cheeky chickens are whimsical.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...