Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Potters of Madison County...and beyond

After two years of cancelation, some of the local potters displayed their works. Many were still missing. I hope they are still making pots.

There weren't as many as the last time I'd come to that show. But the ones who were there had beautiful first class wares on display. And they'd been there the day before as well. 

My three headed selfie...Cathy, myself and Helen (partial)


Charlie Tefft sold me a lovely otter mug. I had hoped for a cat mug, but that didn't happen this sale. So things are changeable...and the photo was free!

It wasn't as crowded as this show has been in the past, which might be due to having two days for the potters. I loved the beautiful real flowers which were provided for the potters.

Nancy Kubale of Rutherford County


I loved these figures, but they were out of my price range.

I liked these sgafrittto pottery decorations. They're looser than several others that were displayed.

Trista Hudzik and I talked about her red underglaze, which is difficult to obtain due to supply chain slowdown from China.
Katherine Muloney makes beautiful animals, but again her work is highly priced as well as beautiful.

Friends Suzanne and Julia also drove up to Marshall from Black Mountain, in their own car.

Julia and Helen enjoyed talking together...several times!

We enjoyed lunch in Zuma, a favorite with some nice vegetarian choices.


It was fun going on to Flow Gallery, where I saw a pair of earings, shaped like headstones, in sterling silver with the words "RIP Patriarchy" on them. I had to laugh that it would take just the right woman to wear them.

Today's quote:

Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves.

Thich Nat Han


5 comments:

  1. Hello,
    Looks like a fun day at the Pottery show, I see many beautiful pieces. Take care, enjoy your day and the new week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Eileen. Have a great new week. I was having a lot of fun, till I got tired that is!

      Delete
  2. Two of the potters posted on social media that they tested positive for covid, prior to the show, and had to drop out. I think large events will be a thing of the past, at least for a few more years. Many potters have realized that they can still make a living without all the time, work, and expense that goes into setting up at a show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that makes sense. Yes, and you all had the pottery tour in Seagrove the same weekend. I hope you had a good amount of sales! Maybe next year we can drive to Seagrove. We're talking about it!

      Delete
  3. There is some really high end gorgeous work that you showed in this post. Thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...