Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Tuesday, April 26, 2022

From being a potter to supporting the art

 Well, I already know how to make lots of things...whether I ever did or not. 

I had twelve good years after I retired. I never made myself into a great potter. I was more into exploring different shapes and glaze combinations. And once I found a few styles I liked, I did do more of them. 

When I haven't been making pots in my life, say as long as I can remember as an adult, I've purchased pottery from others...the ones going to shows to sell their wares mainly. But sometimes I've visited their studios or shops. So a local show was held last weekend, which of course had been closed during the pandemic. 

And after oohing and aaahing over a lot of beautiful things, I ordered one from Charlie Tefft, and bought one in person. An otter mug this time. I had an older mug (made in 2018) by Charlie, and it's pretty much the same shape.

New otter on the left, old crow on the right!


The tails wrap around the sides...

These are definitely right handed mugs...because that's where the animals greet me!

2018 at top, and 2022 at bottom. Not much difference.

I won't even discuss the price difference...but it's doubled!

However I wanted a cat mug, because the first mug I'd bought from Charlie even before the crow, had been a cute little black cat sitting looking at me, but it had broken by accident.

So Charlie just sent me a photo of this, and will ship it to me!


I love it! Now I have to decide whether to use these for coffee, or treasure them on a shelf where I can see them! As my friend Helen says, I can use them and feel really special. Maybe!





2 comments:

  1. Hello, the mugs are cute. I like the otter. Take care, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are very special. If you are a coffee/hot beverage drinker they would be wonderful to use. Every sip would bring a warm smile. Pretty on a shelf for sure but it’s easy for them to become part of the background. Every day when I reach for one of my special cups it brings great memories of where it came from. Enjoy whatever your choice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments...