Copyright and other blogs currently being worked

Art and life connect - all kinds of art

My info

Friday, June 4, 2021

Escher a day

 I had a wonderful experience of seeing an exhibit of many of M. C. Escher's works, at the Columbia Museum of Art in Columbia SC.

To share it with you over this whole month (perhaps) I'll just post one picture a day!

First to see the entrance to the museum...



Of course there were architects involved in this design...it's so full of beautiful lines. And where patrons might sit and enjoy looking at the fountain, now a few of the un-housed sit or sleep, before moving on to wherever they might get food and/or shelter. But they are also peaceful, as is the scene.

We decided to start the Escher exhibit in a less crowded room (of maybe 5-7, I'm not sure)...so my photos are out of order of his chronological development.





3 comments:

  1. ...I love Escher, we have one of his prints hanging in our living room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how wonderful to see an exhibit in person, especially escher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was thrilling...and a bit overwhelming. I got lots of photos though!

      Delete

Thanks for your comments...